Learn how to edit the link to a personal or Peer-to-Peer fundraising page to reflect your name or a specific team name.
For experiences with Peer-to-Peer fundraising enabled, teams and individual participants can generate their own unique links for their fundraising pages. This feature is particularly useful for exclusively member- and team-driven fundraisers. Participants can share custom links, which are easier to share with donors since there’s no need to type in a complicated URL.
This setting can be accessed wherever members and teams are created, including checkout and experience management (within the view teams/view members pages). Participants, teams, and experience organizers can access this feature; we’ve provided steps for each option below.
Participants and teams
When you register for a fundraiser, you can access the option to create a custom URL in the registration checkout.
This option will become visible on the box where you enter your information, shown below:
This link will also appear on the email receipt you receive.
From your Givebacks (formerly MemberHub) Fundraisers account
If you choose to complete this step later, you can also create a custom link later, after you’ve already registered. Navigate to My Account in your Givebacks Fundraisers account and complete the following steps:
- Click on My Account (the circle with your initials in the upper right of the screen.
- Click on the My Members tab.
- Hover your mouse over the name and click the three-dot icon at the far right of the line.
- Click Edit.
- Enter the personalized section on the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click SAVE.
- Click on Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click View Participants* or View Teams* depending on what type of link you are editing.
- Hover your mouse over the participant or team you are looking for.
- Click the pencil icon at the far right of the line.
- Enter the personalized section of the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click SAVE.
Good to know
- If a team member or individual participant doesn’t add a custom link, the standard random-generated link will be given to that member/team.
- When adding a custom link, the original random-generated link will still work. In other words, if a team member or individual participant has already shared out the old link before changing it to the new link, the old link AND the new link will both work.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your experience.