There are three types of roles within Givebacks - Organization level, Hub level, and Family level. Contacts can have an unlimited number of roles assigned to them as appropriate.
These roles are relevant to your entire site (excluding fundraisers, which has a separate administrator setup.)
The following roles can be assigned to contacts within your database. See How do I manage contacts? for assigning roles.
- Contact - This is the default role assigned when you add a "regular" person to your site.
- Student - Student is similar to a contact, but the student role does not require an email address or phone number.
- Officer - This is only for PTA organizations that are part of a State PTA partnership with Givebacks. This allows you to easily identify officers within your contact database. (Note: In filter options, Officer is a generic role that includes all officer types. When you view an individual Contact's role, they will be listed with the exact officer title).
There are also a few roles that are automatically created by the system and cannot be added to contacts by administrators.
- Donors - This role is assigned to anyone who makes a donation/purchase in a Fundraiser (via your memberhub.gives site).
- Customer - This role is assigned to anyone who purchases an item in your Givebacks store.
- Members - This role is assigned to anyone who purchases a membership through your store or is added as a member manually in the Membership module.
For your officers or volunteers who need access to manage your site on Givebacks, several levels of roles are classified as Admin Roles. These are managed under Settings > Admin Roles.
- Orders View: Access to Store Management > Orders page to view incoming orders. Orders View will not allow the added person to refund orders or mark them fulfilled. Orders View also grants permission to see the Payouts page.
- Orders Edit: Access to Store Management > Orders page to edit any incoming orders - this includes permissions to refund, mark fulfilled, and add notes.
- Communications View: Access to Communications > Newsletters and Simple Messages only to view all previously sent messages. This permission will not allow anyone to send communications to any contacts they do not already have access to send to via hubs.
- Communications Edit: Access to Communications > Newsletters and Simple Messages to create, edit and send new messages. Can send messages to all contacts on the site.
- Compliance View: Access to the Compliance section on the menu, to view all submissions and documents.
- Compliance Edit: Access to the Compliance section on the menu to submit and archive submissions and documents.
- Fundraisers View: Access to the Fundraisers section of the menu, with the ability to view all pages. Does not allow you to edit a fundraiser, unless the user already has admin access within the fundraiser, with the same email address.
- Fundraisers Edit: Access to the Fundraisers section of the menu, with the ability to edit and create new campaigns and change product fundraiser items.
- Store Products View: Access to Store Management > Products page and Memberships > Manage Member Items to view only. Also able to view categories and bundles.
- Store Products Edit: Access to Store Management > Products page and Memberships > Manage Member Types to edit existing items, categories and bundles, adjust visibility, and create new items.
Hub roles are much more simple. These roles are assigned when you add contacts to hubs.
- Hub Admin - This role gives a user access to manage a Hub's settings and contacts, send messages to those contacts, create folders and share files within that hub's folder via Files & Photos, and invite members of their hub to events.
- Contact - This is the default role assigned when you add a "regular" person to a hub. See Hub settings to get a full description of what Hub Contacts can do.
- Student - Student is similar to a contact, but the student role does not require an email address or phone number. If a student does not have an email address, they will not be able to log in to Givebacks and, therefore, will have no privileges. If they have an email, their privileges will be the same as a Contact.
- Teacher - This role has the same role as a Contact, but allows a way to define different roles.
- Room Parent - This role has the same role as a Contact, but allows a way to define different roles.
For some organizations, it is helpful to have family groupings to better display in a directory. The roles in a family can be:
Questions? Contact Givebacks Support.