The messages feature in the communications module is a great option when you just need to send a quick reminder or update to your organization. You can send a message by going to your communications > view and send messages > new messages. Fill in the form and click send message.
Messages are different from Newsletters in a few important ways.
- You can adjust your site settings to allow anyone to send messages.
- Sent messages will only be visible in messaging by those who sent/received them whereas the most recent newsletter will be viewable to anyone from the dashboard, even if they did not receive it.
- Lastly, messages will appear in the inbox of the recipients as having come from whoever is logged in and sending the message. If you want the message to say its from your organization instead, please follow these steps: How to send messages from your organization
How to send a message
1. To access Messages, navigate to the Communications Menu and Click View & Send Messages.
Other ways to access messages will be described at the end of this article.
2. In the Messages main screen you will see a record of messages that you have received.
Note: You will receive a copy of all messages that you send regardless of whether you are explicitly in the recipient list.
3. To create a new message click the New Message button.
4. Select your recipients. Depending on your privileges in the site, you may be able to filter on Hubs, Roles, or Contacts. Use these available filters to create your list of recipients. See more details about Selecting Recipients here.
5. Enter a subject for your message.
6. Compose your message.
Type your message. Standard text editing tools are available. You can insert images and attach files easily.
7. You can save your message as a draft, Schedule a Send at a future date/time, or Send to send the message immediately.
**Note: To cancel or edit a scheduled message, view the saved draft and Click Cancel Send.
8. After sending you have the option to also send a text message at the same time. You can edit the text as needed and Click Send Text to send. If you do not want to send a text message, just click Continue without Text Message. If you have a scheduled message, the text will be sent at the same time as the scheduled message.
Other ways you may access Messages
Administrators with access to Manage Contacts can select a list of contacts and click the Envelope Icon to begin creating a message to the selected recipients.
- Contacts with access to the directory can Click on an email address to message a contact.
- Hub Administrators can select people from Hubs Contacts and click the Envelope Icon to email all contacts or only selected contacts within their hubs.