Follow these three steps to get started quickly in your school store, so you can say goodbye to tedious data entry and manually reporting member info to the state.
1. Get set up to take payments online.
Time to complete: A few minutes, if you have your PTA’s EIN and bank account info handy
This is the first thing you should do in your Givebacks account, so you can sell memberships and process payments online.
- Follow these steps to complete the form. You may see your account is "Pending Verification" after completion, but this should change to "complete" within an hour or so from first creating your stripe account.
2. Customize your PTA memberships & add items and donations to your store.
Time to complete: A couple minutes, or as long as you want! This depends on how many membership types you create and how many items you add.
- Visit Memberships > Manage Member Types on the left menu.
- Here, you’ll see your standard state member types. They’re already posted in your store, so all you have to do is click Edit to adjust pricing and other details.
- You can also setup customized PTA memberships for your school store.
- Once you set up memberships store, you should add items like spiritwear, donations, and Product Fundraisers to your store.
- Let shoppers name their price or donate any amount they choose (you set the minimum).
Note: Here's how to change your settings for payment processing fees -- you can pay them, or have your shoppers absorb the fees.
3. Tell everyone in your school community!
Time to complete: This depends -- but with template drafts, all you need to do is finalize the content and send an email or post to social media.
Get started with our Newsletter Templates for back-to-school night and general store promotions. You can promote your store to school families by email, newsletters, or social media!
Back-to-school night and the start of the new school year are great times to promote your PTA and your store to school families!