It's easy to cancel and refund credit card transactions for orders placed in your store. Locate the order under Financial Management > Review Orders and click the refund button.
Note: The instructions below only apply to transactions made by credit card via your Givebacks Store.
Canceling and refunding a transaction
1. From the toolbar, go to Financial Management and select Review Orders.
2. Click the order number of the order you want to refund to be taken to the order details page.
3. Click the Refund button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Your refund is complete. A black box confirming the refund appears at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds.
Good to know:
- The customer will receive the full amount of the transaction.
- For items purchased via your Givebacks store, there is no cost for a refund. If your organization chose to cover processing fees, the fees will go back to your organization. If the purchaser covered the fees, they will receive a full refund.
- For donations or purchases via Givebacks Fundraisers, follow these instructions to issue the refund. How to cancel and refund a credit card transaction from a Givebacks Fundraiser
- Partial refunds are not supported at this time. If you refund a transaction, it will cancel and refund the full amount of the transaction.
- After initiating the refund, it will take 5-10 business days for the refund to be reflected in the donor’s bank or credit card account.
- Orders for Givebacks Product Fundraisers can't be refunded this way. Product Fundraisers are generally non-refundable. Please direct your purchaser to contact Givebacks support to discuss terms for a refund.
Questions? Contact Givebacks Support.