How much are the credit card fees with the Givebacks (formerly MemberHub) Store
Our fee for the store is 3.95% of the total cost + $0.59 per transaction. This is inclusive of Stripe and platform fees.
Your organization has the ability to choose to pass the fee on to your payer or absorb them directly. Based on how your organization chooses to handle this, the fee is calculated a bit differently to ensure the organization is always getting the full amount.
If you choose to absorb the fee:
The fee is calculated as 3.95% of the item cost, plus $0.59 per transaction.
Example on a $10 purchase: 3.95% of $10.00 = 0.395 rounded to $0.40. $0.40 + $0.59 per transaction = $0.99.
- Since your organization is opting to pay the fee, The $0.99 would be subtracted from the $10, and your organization would receive $9.01 in your payout.
- Your customer would pay $10.00.
If you choose to pass the fees on to your payor:
The fee is calculated as 3.95% of the total charge, including the 59 cents per transaction.
Example on a $10 purchase: $10.00 + $0.59 = $10.59.
Since the percentage fee is 3.95%, the calculation is 1 - 0.395 = 0.9605 (this .9605 should be used on any total item cost).
$10.59/.9605 = $11.03.
- $11.03 is the total the customer would pay
- $10.00 goes to the organization
- $1.03 goes to covering processing fees
You can read this article on how our payment processor, Stripe, calculates fees when fees are being passed on to the customer.
Note: There are no fees for cash or check payments.
How to Pass on the Fee's with Givebacks
In the store settings page, you can choose who absorbs the fees -- the PTA or the person paying.
- Select Edit Store Settings from the Store Management menu.
- Click View to expand the Processing Fees section to view and adjust your settings.