YOU WILL NEED TO TRANSFER YOUR STRIPE ACCOUNT TO A NEW OFFICER ONCE YOU ARE NO LONGER WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS IS NOT MISSED DURING THE OFFICER TRANSITION.
Learn how you can receive the proceeds from products you sell in the Givebacks Store and Givebacks Fundraisers.
Setting up payment processing for your account is quick and easy. It's the way you will receive the funds from purchases made through your Givebacks Store and Fundraisers account. All you’ll need to get started is an email address, your organization's EIN, and banking details.
How to set up Payment Processing for your account
- From the left menu, click on Financial Management > Stripe Settings.
- Click Setup your Stripe Account now.
- Enter your Cell phone number and Email address (please use an email address that is not already associated with any Stripe account) and click Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to you via text.
- Select Nonprofit organization as the Type of Business and click Continue.
- Fill in the form and click Continue at the bottom.
- Legal Business Name as it Matches your EIN
- EIN - Your EIN may be provided. If it says Verification Failed, click Replace.
- Doing Business As name
- Business Address
- Business Phone Number
7. Enter your legal representative's information and click Continue to include:
- Representative's First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Job Title (Officer Title)
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Last 4 Digits of Social Security number - Why is this Need?
- Note: This information should be your treasurer or president of your organization.
8. Enter Banking Details:
You can search for your banking institution and use your online sign-on credentials to link your bank account or you can select Enter bank account credentials instead to manually enter the routing and account number.
If you selected Enter bank credentials instead, enter the following:
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Confirm Account Number
NOTE: You can also toggle the option at the top to enter a debit card for deposits, but please note this comes with a maximum deposit amount and can cause your payouts to fail. DEBIT CARDS ARE STRONGLY DISCOURAGED WHEN SETTING UP YOUR STRIPE ACCOUNT FOR GIVEBACKS DUE TO LIMITS AND EXPIRATION DATES WHILE BANK ACCOUNTS DO NOT HAVE LIMITS OR EXPIRATIONS.
9. Verify that the info is correct and click Continue.
10. Verify all information is correct and click Agree and Submit.
Next, you will be taken back to your Givebacks Stripe Settings page where you can see that your Stripe has been successfully connected.
Please note that while you can create a Stripe account through Givebacks, the terms of the account are determined by Stripe, not Givebacks.
Need to update your saved bank info for payouts? Review this article.
Note: If you notice your Stripe account has not been approved to process payments within the next 48 hours or has a note about additional information required, please review this article: Why is my account in "pending" status?