Learn how to edit the tax exemption notice that appears on your donors’ receipts.
A tax exemption notice is included in every donation receipt. This notice informs your donors that their donation may be tax-deductible per your organization’s 501(c) status.
A default tax notice is set when you register your organization with Givebacks (formerly MemberHub), but you may also choose to customize this notice as needed.
This is the default notice that will display at the bottom of all donation receipts:
Customize the tax exemption notice
- Click Profile on the left menu.
- Scroll down to the card entitled Customize your tax-exempt statement for receipts.
- Edit the text in the notice.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
Good to know
- Only certain donations can be claimed as tax-deductible. For example, any donation that includes a benefit (such as raffle entries, event tickets, etc.) cannot be claimed as tax-deductible. We, therefore, recommend using careful wording in your tax exemption notice. For example, you might say, “Your donation may be tax-deductible. Check with your tax professional for more details,” as this shifts the responsibility to the donor.