Paddle raises, and fund-a-need keep donors engaged, help participants understand the direct impact they can make, and boost giving.
What is a fund-a-need?
Funding-a-need calls out the exact donation size the organization is looking for and lets donors know the impact this amount will have. For example, you might choose to ask for “$50, to provide one child with a backpack and school supplies for an entire school year,” or “$500, to provide one family with a sustainable well that will ensure their continued access to clean drinking water.”
What is a paddle raise?
Like fund-a-needs, paddle raises allow donors to give a specific amount of money. Instead of remaining at one level, though, paddle raises provide audience members the chance to donate at several different levels.
How do I run a fund-a-need or paddle raise?
Both fund-a-need and paddle raises are driven by adjusting the donate amount featured on the Donate Now button. Follow the steps below to set a featured amount.
- Navigate to the Stream Manager page.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Click Customize donation button.
- Enter the donation amount.
- Click SAVE.
Once you set the featured amount and click Save, the amount will automatically appear on the ‘Donate’ button.
Good to Know
- When the donor clicks on the “Donate” button, it will pre-fill the featured donation amount. Donors are always free to change this default amount when going through the checkout process.
- All donations made will appear to the right of the screen under Recent Activity Feed and will be visible in Livestream Studio and on the fundraiser page.