Find out how to run reports, update credit card information, or make cancellations for recurring donations.
If you’ve created a crowdfunding experience or have any donation pages, your donors can make recurring donations. As the experience organizer, you can access information on these types of donations by running a report. Doing so may be useful for keeping track of your experience’s progress and for analyzing future projections.
What Is a Donation Page?
At some point, your donors may also contact you to request that their recurring donation be canceled or to update the credit card being charged for the recurring donation. You can make these changes on their behalf in a few simple steps. Please note, however, that only donors themselves have the ability to change the frequency or amount of recurring donations.
How to Change or Cancel My Recurring Donation
The steps for accessing a report of recurring donations are slightly different depending on the type of fundraiser you’re running.
- Click My Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click View Donations.*
- Under the Donations* tab, click Recurring.
- If you wish to view recurring donations on any donation page, click Donation Pages in the left menu.
- Click the title of the donation page.
- Click View Donations.*
- Under the Donations* tab, click recurring.
This table will list all the recurring donations with the amount, frequency, next charge date, number of payments that have been made, and the status of the recurring donation. A report can be exported by clicking Export in the lower-left area of the table.
Edit a recurring donation
Should you be contacted by a donor with a request to cancel or update credit card information for an existing donation, here are the steps you can take:
- Follow steps 1-4 above for crowdfunding or donation pages.
- Find the recurring donation you’re looking for, hover over it, and click the three-dot menu on the right.
- Click Edit Donation* to change the payment method for that recurring donation. Click Cancel Donation* to cancel any future donations.
Good To Know
- Canceling a recurring donation will only stop future recurring donations from being made. It will not cancel or refund any previous payments that have already been made.
- The donor can only change the amount or frequency of a recurring donation upon logging in to their MemberHub account. Due to security and privacy concerns, only the donor themselves can change these settings.
- Click EXPORT from the recurring donations table to view a full report with all details for your recurring donations. The exported report includes more data like payment type, email address, and any dedication/honoree information.