By default, Raffles and Sweepstakes allow donors to buy any number of entries, not just those specified by the organization. For example, a donor could click on the highlighted box below to purchase 25 entries instead of the 10, 30, 75, or 200 specified by the organization.
When a donor purchases a non-specified amount of entries, the entries will be priced at the specified level below it. So, if a donor purchased 25 tickets in the raffle above, their entries would cost the same amount as if they bought 10 entries ($1 each), not the same as if they bought 30 entries ($.83) and not somewhere in between.
This default setting can be helpful when organizations want to create as much flexibility as possible for donors.
Some organizations may want to disable this feature so that donors must select the number of entries from the specified options. This can help states that have specific requirements or when they want to prohibit the purchase of a very high number of entries.
How do I require donors to purchase specific numbers of entries?
Organizations can require donors to purchase specific numbers of entries by following the steps below.
- Click on My experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have selected a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit experience*.
- Click Raffle/Sweepstakes in the timeline at the top.
- Scroll down until you see this box:
- Uncheck the box under Entry Options.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.