Occasionally, organization admins need to update another user’s profile information. This includes a user’s name, address, or phone number. If the user has already created an account and password, you will only be able to suggest an edit. This will send an email to the user and allow them to accept or reject the edits. They will not need to log in to do so. In this way, profiles can be easily updated all while keeping the user's account secure.
Suggest a profile edit
1. View a contact's profile and click Edit.
Note: The green circle with the checkmark by the user's name indicates they have claimed their account.
2. Custom properties can be edited by any organization admin, but Basic Info and Mailing Address will allow you to suggest changes.
3. Enter your suggested changes in the fields and click the Suggest Changes button. The data will be updated once the contact accepts the changes.
4. Your contact will receive an email with the suggested changes.
5. The contact can view the suggestions and choose to Accept or Reject the suggested changes.
Note: If your contact chooses to Accept Changes, the profile is updated with the new values. If your contact Rejects Changes, the profile remains unchanged.
Questions? Contact Givebacks Support.